Graphic, Web & Print Designer
TERM: Part-time, Full-time, Anytime, All the Time, On Your Time.
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepare Graphic, Web and Print designs for Orlof’s eclectic family of clientele.
- Produce graphic, web and print designs upon Design & Client Manager’s requests.
- Make changes to existing graphics, websites and print materials.
- Offer marketing and promotion ideas, to Design & Client Manager, for Client projects.
- Work autonomously, efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain a reasonable time-period for projects.
- Communicate design needs and dates for completion of projects.
- Upload all raw design files to Orlof’s servers at completion of each project.
- You think Critically - only Problem Solvers and those with high Wisdom Modifiers need apply.
- You work faster than everyone else. Because you are able to take breaks, Orlof’s expects you to be at your best when you’re working for us.
- You smash deadlines - no excuses, no interruptions. You hit the mark every time, on time. You work 7 days a week or no days a week: you choose, so long as you destroy deadlines.
- You communicate honestly and effectively - we expect adults in this organization. No nonsense, no childish inadequacies, no disappearing for a week without letting us know. We expect you to show up, and do it in your best light.
- You are accountable - take responsibility if you #UserError, set parameters to ensure that doesn’t happen again, manage yourself, your Life and your Time with Integrity.
- You make good choices with your time and energy - make sure you are taking care of yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and every other way you need.
- You keep a healthy separation between your Work & Life.
- You are a go-getter, and require very little prodding. Orlof’s does not babysit.
- You must be tech-savvy - we’re looking for people who are considered the “computer guy/gal” of their social circle. The one everyone goes to for their computer issues. The kind of person who knows why we prefer PCs to Macs, and gets why Mac users prefer Macs.
- You love what you do. It’s imperative to us that you enjoy your job, your Lifestyle and your Life.
- You have a high attention to detail.
- You are more than just an artist - you’re a coder, a computer wiz and a design erudite.
- You love computers, understand computers and, ideally, have built your own computer.
- You take criticisms as constructive, and adjust accordingly.
- You make flawless, outstanding designs faster than everyone else.
- You are a perfectionist who knows how to stop “perfecting” & wasting their time at 90%.
- Your own a PC, not a Mac - we do not deal in file translation/transfer/type issues.
- Your own/license the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc).
- Your own a webcam / cell phone / tablet (for video calls).
- You have a quality internet connection.
- You have excellent references of, both, the Personal and Professional genre.
- You have a personal dedication to Honesty and Integrity. We will not tolerate anything less.
- 3+ years of professional Design experience.
- 2+ year of professional Coding experience.
- You are a badass with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- You can hand-code HTML and CSS.
- You know WordPress like a fat kid knows what a McBitchin’ is.
- Your design, layout and marketing message skills are on-point.
- You have a great online Portfolio.
$15 / hr to start (first 90 days)
$20 / hr for first year
Future raises are based upon performance, and scale accordingly.